Thursday, March 12, 2009

Updates


Made my 50th sale on Etsy - yeah!  The buyer didn't even know I was running a special, so much for promo's.  Also made my 1st sale on Artfire, the 1st is always the hardest.  It was a pretty little ACEO acrylic painting that I was tempted to just keep for myself.

Feeling it rather appropriate that Calif. sales tax goes up 1% on April Fool's.  Much anger on not only raising taxes, but using our kids as pawns.  We've been running hot and cold as our little school district has been trying to deal with "proposed" budget cuts, which the State won't confirm until after our budget has to be adopted.  The State likes to threaten even larger "cuts" to the schools in order to get the average Joe to accept higher taxes to save our schools.  The kids are caught in the middle and it angers me to no end.  If you are in California, please vote no on Prop. 1A, which extends these ridiculous taxes for 2 additional years, information which doesn't appear in the voter guide or in most newspapers.

Trying to balance getting taxes done, working more at my husband's business, kid stuff and creating.  Unfortunately, creating ends up coming in last.  Well, not quite the very last - housework holds that place in my life.

Good karma to all of you!






No comments:

Post a Comment