Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Techno Flunkie


I learned how to use computers on a Mac.  I admit it, I'm a plug and play kind of gal.  So I'm just going to jump in and figure out how to add photo's to this blog - without having to resort to asking DH for help.

I love this ring, it's called Heavy Metal.  It had 322 views on Etsy - pretty popular but no takers.  So, I'm experimenting by moving it to my Artfire store.  Maybe it just needs a new market.  

This combines my 2 favorite techniques, bending wire and adding a patina.  The copper has been fumed by ammonia and then heat treated, giving it a bronze colored finish.  The add on pieces were heated only, so they appear lighter.  A couple of stones and the finished product has a bit of a steampunk look without the actually cog pieces.

Here's the link to the listing if you'd like to see more of it 

At least my photo uploaded easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment